An individual pursuing a degree in the field of journalism or have recently completed their bachelors or masters degree in the same field and aspiring to work as a journalist is known as a journalism student.
A journalist is responsible for bringing news in various parts of the world to the common people. They may work in a newspaper agency, magazine or a news channel. There are also various fields in which a journalist can specialize, but irrespective of the field it is necessary for a journalist to possess excellent research skills and good communication ability.
A journalism student resume template is a document that gives an idea about the points to be mentioned in the resume of a journalist.
Sample Journalism Student Resume Template
Name: __________________ [name of the candidate]
Residential address: Street name ____________ City _______________ State ____________ Post code ________________
Contact number: __________________
Mobile phone number: ________________
E mail id: _____________
Date of birth: ______________
I am seeking the position of a journalist in a __________________ [type of media company] where I can ________________ [type of journalism work the candidate wants to do].
Summary of qualification: [mention the skills possessed by the candidate relevant to the journalism job position]
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to do extensive research
- Bachelors degree in journalism from _____________________ [name of the educational institute] in the year ________________ [year of completion of bachelors degree]
- Masters in journalism from _____________________ [name of the educational institute] in the year ________________ [year of completion of masters degree]
- Worked as a ______________ [type of journalism job or internship done] with ____________ [name of the media company]
From ______________ to __________ [job tenure]
[mention in details the job functions]