Medical coding is also known as medical classification. This is so called because this is the process of classifying diagnostic and curative methods into coded numbers.
Medical coders are professionals who are specifically adept at coding the procedures of diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Medical coding needs to be done to make the different classified treatments organized for emergency situations.
The sample medical coding resume template is one which places a strong emphasis on the skills of coding and interpretation of the codes and numbers. The professional candidates need to know about the sample. Here is a full template of the resume.
Medical Coding Resume Template
24, Rockwell Road, Los Angeles,
Phone Number: 112 457 344
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: To work in the challenging position of medical coding in a clinic or hospital and help in using personal skills and knowledge for the benefit and comfort of patients and convenience of doctors and other staff members.
Summary of Qualifications:
- highly qualified in medical coding for more than 7 years.
- Knowledgeable about coding techniques and guidelines
- Knowledgeable about medical terminology, physiology and pharmacology
- highly skilled in computer programs like MS Word, MS Excel and other software programs.
- highly qualified in communication and leadership skills.
- Skilled in maintaining financial records
2004 To 2008: Worked as medical coder at Bellevue Hospital with the following work responsibilities:
- coding the diagnosis and treatment methods for new patients
- handling different types of medical claims
- maintaining high standards of accuracy and productivity
- Reviewing admission and discharge charts.
2008 To Present: Worked as a medical coder at Happy Life Clinic with the following work responsibilities:
- Performing emergency, observation room and other services
- Updating charts of admissions, treatments and discharges of patients.
- Updating office systems and documents
Education: 2001 To 2004: Certificate In Medical Science from Maryland University, USA
Professional references would be furnished upon request.